HUMAN AMYLOID IMAGING CONFERENCE
INFORMATION FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
All abstracts are to be submitted via HAI’s online abstract submission platform. This will open October 16, 2017 and be available from the page “Conference Platform” accessible from the top menu/navigation.
Please note: Only those submissions which fully comply with the instructions will be reviewed.
- All completed applications must be received by 11:59 PM US Eastern time on Monday, November 6, 2017.
- Length/Format for Abstract: 300 words maximum.
- Upload of up to 3 images is allowed (NEW! up to 4MB each).
- All co-authors should be listed with their full names and organizations.
As always, selection of abstracts for presentation at the annual conference will be based on scientific merit.
Materials must be received after 0:01 AM US Eastern time on Monday, October 16, 2017 and before 11:59 PM US Eastern time on Monday, November 6, 2017.
No extensions will be granted.
Acknowledgement that materials arrived on time will be sent via email. You are responsible to ensure that our email address is whitelisted (hai at worldeventsforum dot com).
Abstract Selection and Notification
The Program Committee will meet mid-November 2017 to review and select abstracts, as well as to finalize the conference program. For each accepted podium and poster abstract, the Program Committee will assign the time and date of presentation on the conference schedule.
The HAI Program Committee reserves the right to accept abstracts as podium or poster presentations.
If your abstract is accepted for presentation, you will be notified by email on or around December 1, 2017. This notice is sent to the presenting author. If the study has more than one author, the contact person is asked to share the information with the other author(s).
All presenters are required to register for the conference and to pay the applicable registration fee no later than Friday, December 8, 2017. Please note that due to the high demand and limited seating, there is a very high chance that registration may close BEFORE this deadline. Once the registration will close, no extensions will be granted. Please review additional registration conditions.
If the primary author is unable to attend the conference and has made arrangements for someone else to present the paper or poster, that person must register for the conference and pay the applicable registration fee.
INFORMATION AFTER ABSTRACTS ARE SELECTED
All sessions will be held at the Miami Beach Resort. Plenaries will be held in the Grande Promenade Ballroom while the poster sessions will be held in the Regency Ballroom.
With the exception of keynote lectures, all oral presentations will be 15 minutes ONLY (7 min presentation + 8 min Q&A):
- All slides are due to the secretariat by the 12th of January.
- All presentations should be saved as PowerPoint files; slides should be sized at 16:9.
- Presentations will only be projected from the conference laptops.
- Presentation time will be 7 minutes, and we recommend no more than 5-7 slides (max).
- Please note that background slides are not typically shown.
- We will use a speaker timer which will flash yellow at 2 minutes and then red when time is up.
- It is critical that speakers stay on schedule. Please note that chairs will be instructed to interrupt lectures that extend beyond this schedule.
After each presentation, the Chairs will open a Q&A and discussion for up to 8 minutes.
Presentations will occur in the order they appear in the program. Podium presenters are expected to attend the entire session in which their abstract is featured.
Each session (group of 3-5 presentations) will be followed by a 30 minute panel discussion with audience Q&A.
- Audience will be instructed to line up at microphones for questions/comments.
- Speakers will be invited to join the session chairs on stage immediately after each group of presentations.
The official Poster Sessions are scheduled as follows:
- POSTER SESSION 1 will be presented Wednesday, January 17, in a 90-minute session mid-afternoon.
- POSTER SESSION 2 will be presented Thursday, January 18, in a 45-minute segment mid-morning and another 45-minute segment mid-afternoon.
- POSTER SESSION 3 will be presented Friday, January 19, in a 45-minute segment mid-morning and another 45-minute segment mid-afternoon.
INSTALLATION AND REMOVAL
|SESSION 1||Wednesday, January 17||11:30 am - 12:30 pm||6:30 pm - 7:00 pm|
|SESSION 2A/2B||Thursday, January 18||7:00 am - 8:00 am||6:30 pm - 7:00 pm|
|SESSION 3A/3B||Friday, January 19||7:00 am - 8:00 am||6:30 pm - 7:00 pm|
- Posters should be in landscape format and displayed on a poster board with the following dimensions: 4ft high x 6ft wide.
- Poster presenters should refer to the list of poster presentations for their board numbers.
- Authors are required to be present at their posters throughout the assigned times.
- Should you need to cancel your registration/participation, please inform the Secretariat at your earliest convenience. Failure to do so before January 4, 2018, will result in your inability to submit abstracts and present at future editions of this event.
Abstracts accepted for podium or poster presentation will be listed in the program schedule posted on the HAI website and handed out at the conference (based on your selection made in the Registration form).
The onsite printed program will include the specific time for each abstract presentation, the name of the chairs for each session, meeting room or poster number assignments, and, of course, complete abstracts for podium, poster and keynote presentations.
Each submitter will be notified about the Program Committee’s decision on acceptance of an abstract. Each author is asked to accept the invitation to present. We ask that presenters take very seriously their commitment to present, except in cases of true emergency.